I made a better Jedi Academy Lion Launcher that also should launch JK2 and Wolf:ET. Here’s the download. It supersedes the previous launcher/instructions. And here’s the readme:
Jedi Academy Multiplayer (and a few other Q3 engine games) don’t run on Lion/Mountain Lion because of some OpenGL issues on ATI graphics cards.
JKJALaunch is a launcher for Jedi Academy Multiplayer that forces ATI FSAA off, allowing the game to run on Lion. It also allows you to specify command-line options and force 32-bit colour (as needed on certain graphics cards).
Hold Shift down at launch to bring up the options window, where you can choose the location of Jedi Academy Multiplayer and set the command-line options.
When you’re asked to find Jedi Academy MP, you can also select Jedi Academy, Jedi Knight II, Jedi Knight II MP and Wolfenstein ET.
(if Jedi Academy MP can be found in the same folder as JKJALaunch, this will be launched regardless of your preferences)
JKJALaunch uses DYLD_INTERPOSE as found in Webkit, so I need to include this:
* Copyright (C) 2010 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY APPLE INC. AND ITS CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS”
* AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
* THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL APPLE INC. OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS
* BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
* SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
* INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
* CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
* ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF
* THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.